Culture of Safety
EPTCON’s commitment to the health and safety of its workers is ingrained in the deep-seated belief that all accidents are preventable. We strive to ensure a collaborative, positive and safe environment built on the principles of openness, respect and trust.
We are committed to ensure the health and safety of all workers, contractors, customers, visitors and members of the public on our sites.
Health and Safety forms an integral part of the EPTCON family and extends from the chief executive officer through to the most recently hired employee.
Management is cognizant of the fact that we have the responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace compliant; with the occupational health and safety act, IHSA Rules, applicable regulations as well as our Customers and our own policies and procedures and that accident prevention is the catalyst for optimum productivity.
We strive to continuously improve our policies, procedures and training and maintain a program far exceeding the legal requirements.
All employees are individually accountable to adhere to all of EPTCONS safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and have both the right and responsibility to refuse work that they deem to be unsafe.
On this strong foundation we have built a work force that is educated, experienced, knowledgeable, and safe. We are confident in our belief that our workers can continue return home safe and sound and that our excellent record in health and safety will continue.
Our environmental principles are based on the fundamental values of accountability, partnership and open communication. We accept the responsibility entrusted to us to manage natural resources in ways to ensure sustainable development. Our approach protects and enhances the ecosystems and communities affected by our activities while managing a successful business.
- We meet legislated requirements and we strive to achieve a level of performance not only governed by these requirements but also by considerations of the socio-economic and environmental expectations of stakeholders.
- We engage in open and transparent dialogue with stakeholders to achieve a greater understanding of expectations and constraints.
- We promote a partnership approach for the development of responsible and realistic solutions.
- We understand, minimize and manage the impacts and risks associated with our operations and we plan for emergency situations.
- We integrate environmental, public and socio-economic considerations into our business processes.
- We ensure efficiency of our operations and activities in the use of natural resources.
- We exercise leadership by encouraging and training our employees at all levels to ensure the environmental stewardship associated with their responsibilities.
- We ensure that our performance demonstrates our leadership position.
- We put in place environmental management systems that support this policy and ensure continual improvement.